The Authorization request form ( should be submitted to the University Isotope Committee ([email protected] ); however, we recommend the supervisor discuss each proposed use of radioactive materials with a Radiation Protection Office staff member prior to submission of a request.  The processing time for an authorization request could vary from a few weeks to months depending on questions and comments from UIC committee members.