Penn State faculty or staff wishing to become authorized supervisors of radioactive material laboratories must request permission to do so by submitting a completed “Radioactive Material Authorization Application” form ( to the University Isotopes Committee (UIC). This request must be signed by the individual who is directly responsible for the work, and will be named as the laboratory supervisor. The authorization request form and instructions may be obtained from EHS website or by calling EHS at 814-865-6391.